Have you ever gone into one of those down-times of blogging when you just want to shut the whole world away from you and be by yourself and stop worrying about Panda, Penguin and other messed up animal-sounding-updates???
What is your Alexa Rank? What is your Google Page Rank? How many posts did you post this week? How many guest articles did you write this month? Did you update all your plugins? Did the WordPress update crash your website? Did you answer to every comment on your articles?
Sometimes they do sound hard on the blog owner, who tries to maintain the website and at the same time balances his time and effort with his work and family. So it is not unusual to find oneself asking “Is it time to quit blogging?”
If this thought has occurred to you, I suggest you try to answer these few simple questions below:
- Did I meet all the goals I set for my blog? Or Am I closer to any of them yet?
- Have I given it enough time?
- Am I still interested in my “niche” topics?
- Do I have time to keep my blog ticking?
- Do I enjoy writing for my blog?
- How many readers are actually reading and commenting on my articles?
- Is my blog earning any revenue?
- Is there any other benefits from my blog?
- Is my content keeping my readers engaged and wanting to return back?
- Is any other blog mentioning about my blog, if so what are they saying?
- What is my blog traffic? Is it growing or coming down?
- Have I changed my blog design and template recently?
- What new plugins and features have I used in the past 3 months?
- Is my niche “dying” ?
- Last – If I stop blogging today, what will I do with all the time spent on blogging from tomorrow?
After you have answered these questions, I am sure at-least some of them has motivated you enough to get back to your grind and stop worrying about quitting!!!!!
Can you add more to this list?