1. How long have you been blogging? Of the blogs I currently run, the oldest is 2006, but I have been online since 1995, not sure when I first started blogging, but I had my first website in 1995.
2. How many blogs do you own and contribute for? I own and run 9 “blogs”, I use the term loosely because some aren’t really blogs in their standard form, they all use WordPress though.
3. What is the main purpose or objective of your blog? It started as a hobby, and then it was to build a portfolio to show to customers since I’m a web consultant. Now I’m working on making them all profitable.
4. How many posts do you write on an average per week? Well some of my blogs are photo blogs and one is a video blog, if you count them and add guest posts, my guess would be about 20.
5. How much time do you devote for your blog on a daily basis? About 3-4 hours.
6. How much time do you spend on tracking RSS feeds? Not sure about the amount of time, my guess would be 15-20 minutes a day, I check my feed on my BlackBerry usually throughout the day, I get about 500 new feed items a day.
7. What is your favorite social bookmarking site and Why? Google +, even if I don’t use it the most, it’s the most visual appealing and has the most potential. I use Twitter the most, but I don’t consider that a social network, I just send updates and rarely “socialize”. Facebook is the true social network that I use the most.
8. What is your blog’s monthly revenue? Between $5.00 and $500.00 depending on the blog and the month.
9. How many page views does your blog generate daily? About 500 page views a day.
10. Name one blog(apart from yours!!) you read every day without fail. Just one… ProBlogger.
11. What is your blog’s main revenue generator? Ads. (Banners, Links and Adsense)
12. Do you believe in Alexa rankings for measuring traffic? Not really, I check it for fun because I love numbers, but don’t really use it for anything.
13. Do you accept Guest Articles on your blog? Only on one blog (DeuceGroup.com).
14. Do you believing in spending money on promoting your blog? Yes, but only money it has earned for itself.
15. Do you answer to all the comments on your blog? Yes.
16. How did you market your blog during your initial days to get the readers that you have? Created Content, Guest Posts, Blog Comments.
17. Any mistakes to learn from and avoid? Didn’t do enough planning originally, and would’ve limited myself to one blog to begin with, but now I like all 9 so I can’t dump them.
18. What is your source of new post ideas? RSS Feeds, News, Customers.
19. Is having a “niche” important to bloggers? Yes very important, the more refined the better.
20. Any advice to a start-up blogger? Plan everything, and ask questions to successful bloggers in your field, most will be willing to help and guide you.
21. Bio I’m a Canadian web consultant, and run my own business blog, as well as 7 other blogs about Business Cards, Rap Music, Hockey Players Mike Green & Ray Emery, WordPress Themes, Money Making Opportunities and Social Media Favors.
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- Coffee The Only Energy Boost That’s Good For Your Body - August 17, 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress Survey Plugins - July 18, 2017
- Top Rated PS4 Games in 2017 - July 12, 2017