Had anybody else thought that her last name was “kvetches”?? Well, I surely did until recently when I started interacting more with her and her blog!!!! If you have known Hajra, you would already know that she is the type of person who can grow your comments into pages and reply to every single piece of information on your post.
Hajra is an intellectual writer who can never stop amazing me with her quick sense of humor even in her one-liner comments. I enjoy the way she interacts with Bill Dorman and how light-minded both of them are in their friendly conversations.
1. How long have you been blogging? My first post went online on 16th August 2010; just one day after the Indian Independence Day. Not a conscious thought; just a coincidence.
2. How many blogs do you own and contribute for? I started from one at blogspot; moved to a self hosted one at wordpress. Am a team member at We Blog Better.
3. What is the main purpose or objective of your blog? To kvetch and get back at life mainly. I just started to get back to my love for writing.
4. How many posts do you write on an average per week? I am probably the laziest blogger around. I blog when I feel like my post is all okay for publishing. Currently I have like a zillion drafts lying around.
5. How much time do you devote for your blog on a daily basis? I read so much more than I write; so mine is just about 30 minutes per day.
6. How much time do you spend on tracking RSS feeds? I don’t. I rely on email subscriptions and I spend around 3 hours on reading blogs daily. Reading, commenting, sharing and all the jazz.
7. What is your favorite social bookmarking site and Why? Facebook basically. I have always so much more to say than just 140 characters.
8. What is your blog’s monthly revenue? I am not revealing the number; Bill Dorman might come rob me.
9. How many page views does your blog generate daily? About a thousand a week, more or less. I really don’t bother actually.
10. Name one blog(apart from yours!!) you read every day without fail. Jack (he is the only one who writes everyday!). But I read many who post whenever -Janine Ripper (Reflections from a Red Head), Roy Ackerman (Adjuvancy), Bill Dorman, Carolyn, Muriel Jacques, Holly Jahangiri, Adrienne, Lori... there are just so many!
11. What is your blog’s main revenue generator? Hmmm..... I have to check back on the zillions and get back.
12. Do you believe in Alexa rankings for measuring traffic? It does make sense for bloggers who want to work through their blogs; I hardly check. Maybe if I get more serious someday.... someday!
13. Do you accept Guest Articles on your blog? Yes, but no one wants to write for me 🙁
14. Do you believing in spending money on promoting your blog? No, I don’t have anything to offer as such, so why bother I feel.
15. Do you answer to all the comments on your blog? Each and everyone.
16. How did you market your blog during your initial days to get the readers that you have? Forced my family and friends to spread the word and come comment. Now they don’t call me over for get togethers.
17. Any mistakes to learn from and avoid? Start on a self hosted blog; not a free platform
18. What is your source of new post ideas? Life.
19. Is having a “niche” important to bloggers? Yes, if you want to run a serious blog, it is.
20. Any advice to a start-up blogger? Be yourself. Don’t get lost in the crowd.
21. Name a Blogger who inspires you Janine Ripper (http://reflectionsfromaredhead.com)
22. Bio Unemployment got me into blogging, and I still am figuring the way around. I blog at Hajra Kvetches where I just complain and laugh right back at life’s big joke. I get all serious at We Blog Better and talk a lot of fun stuff at Rockying
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress Survey Plugins - July 18, 2017
- Top Rated PS4 Games in 2017 - July 12, 2017
- Top 5 Apps For Coffee Lovers - May 26, 2017