Back in July of 2011, the search marketing company WordStream released a study which uses the Google Keyword Tool to search for the top 10,000 expensive words in the english dictionary, in their study they have summarised that “insurance” related keywords make up 24% of the Google Adwords Revenue(i.e. 24% of a whopping $33 million).
You can imagine keywords like “buy auto insurance quotes” or “buy home insurance online” that are making big rounds in the web world with some of them claiming upto $54.91 per click. What makes these insurance related words so hot is the fierce competition in the related market and the amount of money being made by these merchants.
The 2nd highest paid keywords is related to “loans” with a highest of $44.28 per click and they form 12.8% of the total revenue! These include keywords like “fixed home equity loans” and “graduate student loans”.
Here is the complete list of the 20 Most Expensive Keywords via WordStream:
1. Insurance (example keywords in this category include “buy car insurance online” and “auto insurance price quotes”)
2. Loans (example keywords include “consolidate graduate student loans” and “cheapest homeowner loans”)
3. Mortgage (example keywords include “refinanced second mortgages” and “remortgage with bad credit”)
4. Attorney (example keywords include “personal injury attorney” and “DUI defense attorney”)
5. Credit (example keywords include “home equity line of credit” and “bad credit home buyer”)
6. Lawyer (“personal injury lawyer,” “criminal defense lawyer)
7.Donate (“car donation centers,” “donating a used car”)
8.Degree (“criminal justice degrees online,” “psychology bachelors degree online”)
9.Hosting (“hosting ms exchange,” “managed web hosting solution”)
10.Claim (“personal injury claim,” “accident claims no win no fee”)
11.Conference Call (“best conference call service,” “conference calls toll free”)
12.Trading (“cheap online trading,” “stock trades online”)
13.Software (“crm software programs,” “help desk software cheap”)
14.Recovery (“raid server data recovery,” “hard drive recovery laptop”)
15.Transfer (“zero apr balance transfer,” “credit card balance transfer zero interest”)
16.Gas/Electricity (“business electricity price comparison,” “switch gas and electricity suppliers”)
17.Classes (“criminal justice online classes,” “online classes business administration”)
18.Rehab (“alcohol rehab centers,” “crack rehab centers”)
19.Treatment (“mesothelioma treatment options,” “drug treatment centers”)
20.Cord Blood (“cord blood bank,” “store umbilical cord blood”)
WordStream concludes that the keyword categories with the highest volumes and costs represent industries with very high lifetime customer value: in other words, companies that can afford to pay a lot to acquire a new customer because of the nature of their business.
CommentLuv Premium GiveAway
There is a great giveaway taking place over at Adrienne Smith’s Blog. If you missed out on getting CommentLuv Premium you now have a chance to win a free copy of this fabulous plug-in. Want to participate? Just visit Adrienne’s CommentLuv Premium giveaway post for more information.
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- Nespresso VertuoLine vs OriginalLine - December 5, 2017
- Black Friday Deals Comparison Spreadsheet in PDF – 2017 - November 23, 2017
- 5 Must Have Eco-friendly Kitchen Gadgets - November 16, 2017