You are here: Home // DMC Affiliate, How To Brew // Make Money From VigLink

Make Money From VigLink

It has been a while since I wrote this article on VigLink – A Retrospective, and since then I sort of concentrated on many other affiliate programs and CPC tools. But one good thing about VigLink is that once you have your API Key installed in your site, you really dont have to do anything else with it.

That being said, I got an email saying my account was credited with $67 yesterday!!!!!I was surprised and immediately went back and saw that the source was VigLink and it was a result of just 2 clicks made on on my recent posts. Below see the screenshot from my VigLink Account Dashboard. Of course all the other clicks for the month did not pay out anything except those 2 on July 17th.

So this got me thinking and immediately I thought I should share it with all of you wonderful bloggers out there. This is an easy way to make money, all you need to do is sign up for the program  - VigLink SignUp (this is a referral link and gives a small portion of the commission VigLink makes from your link referrals).

I have been using other affiliates like Amazon and CJ.com but, nothing comes close to this when you think of ease-of-use and prompt payments. It doesnt have a minimum payout and my first month commission was credited to my account with just $5. I have also explained this in my previous post on the subject that all you need to do is install the API in your header.php file and forget about it. Just go about writing your articles and building content as you have been doing so far. VigLink is tied up with numerous affiliates and for every article you write, it searches for the keywords and adds the links by itself.

For those who are concerned – the links added as ‘NoFollow‘ links, so it doesn’t dampen your spirits to just sign up and start making money on the side. The viglink dashboard is also very friendly and gives complete information on how many affiliate clicks were made on a daily basis, which post of yours the clicks came from, if it resulted in any commission etc.

Post By Praveen Rajarao (463 Posts)

Praveen Rajarao is a Software Tech Lead and in his spare time blogs on his website –http://www.dailymorningcoffee.com and http://www.techivy.com. His topics range from blogging to technology to affiliate programs and making money online and how-to guides. Daily Morning Coffee is also accepting Guest Posts from Professional Bloggers at this time, take a look at “Write For DMC” page for more details on the same.

Website: → Daily Morning Coffee

Connect

Subscribe to DailyMorningCoffee and Grab my New EBOOK "How To Stop Worrying & Start BLOGGING" for FREE!!!!

Tags: ,

39 Responses to " Make Money From VigLink "

1. Adrienne says:

Hey Praveen,

I guess I’ll have to go and check out your other post to see exactly what this is all about. I’m not sure I totally understand what this sites does but I do love writing and letting it do it’s thing while I make a few dollars. Hey, I’m up for that.

Congratulations on making the $67, every little bit helps my friend. It’s nice isn’t it!

Thanks Praveen…

~Adrienne
    Adrienne recently posted…What Kind Of Reputation Are You BuildingMy Profile
    Twitter:

• Hi Adrienne – Rightly said, every little help counts. This is the easiest auto-affiliate program I have come across till date. You should really give it a try and am sure you will start making good money by the side.

Good thing is if you install it today, it puts links for all your existing posts as well, not only the future posts.

Good luck with it Adrienne and hope you monetize well.
      Praveen Rajarao recently posted…Make Money From VigLinkMy Profile

2. Hi Praveen,

This is first time of hearing about Viglink. I’ve got hundreds of emails from companies offering the same kind of services but trusting them is #1 challenges for me. But since you have said something cool about Viglink, I think I’d have to test them out with my new blog to see how effective they are. Thanks for the post and do respond to the email I sent to you.

Have a wonderful day

Olawale Daniel
    Olawale Daniel recently posted…Complete Guide to A/B Testing: How to Increase Sales and Gain More ConsumersMy Profile

3. Meena Thakur says:

Congrats Parveen for your first 67$ :) Just wondering are they reliable enough.Have you been paid yet by them.
    Meena Thakur recently posted…Method to get Xbox Live Codes Absolutely FreeMy Profile

• Meena – Thanks and welcome to DMC. Yes, I have been paid for 2 invoices before this and it is quite straightforward. You should give it a try.
      Praveen Rajarao recently posted…4 Reasons Going Back to School May be an Idea you Can Wait OnMy Profile

• Rajgupta says:

Mark,Amazon should work fine for us in CA, it looks like VigLink is based out of Chicago. Even then I would imgiane they are incorporated out of a state with friendly business laws. By default VigLink will not reaffiliate the links on your site. They do have the option to overwrite your affiliated links, but only for Amazon and eBay. If you go into your account there is an Edit Account button at the bottom. That will let you check the Reaffliate option.Looking at your site it looks like you are using an affiliate redirect pluginor something with a goto URL. To use VigLink you have to link directly to a Amazon page, going through your redirect is putting your old Amazon tag in the URL. So first thing you need to do is recreate links to point straight at Amazon. Even if you turn on the reaffiliate option it won’t work with your redirect. Try that and see if clicks start showing up.

4. Sue Price says:

Hi Praveen

I have not heard of this before but making $67 so easily means I will check it out. As Adrienne says every little bit counts.

Thanks for the post.

Sue
    Sue Price recently posted…Passive Income – Portfolio InvestmentsMy Profile

5. I have been using VigLink here on Free Favicon for a little while now and have been please with the results. The site does not make much money to begin with but since VigLink has been installed the site has been able to double the monthly income. If you are interested in affiliate marketing I would encourage you to check out VigLink and see if it works for your website.

6. Neha says:

Is it mandate to have mine site or blog to earn money through viglink?

7. anshul says:

Hi Praveen!
    i read your blog and seem interesting .i never heard about viglink.but your information to me provide a great chance to earning the money.
    thanks for sharing this information.
    anshul recently posted…Hospital Management SystemMy Profile

8. Edwin says:

Hi praveen.. I don’t know about viglink but surely I will try to follow your points. Thanks for sharing with us.

9. Hey Praveen
    I had no clue about viglink before I came across your post. I need to check more about it. In the online world everything that works, counts. Thanks for sharing this.

• Hey – I am sure you will find this very resourceful and easy to setup with any blog of yours. Good luck.
      Praveen Rajarao recently posted…Never Get Wet Again!My Profile

• Pollyana says:

Andrew, thanks for the inigsht and tips on Viglink. Viglink is opening up opportunities that did not exist before. They will let me link to eBay which I have been turned down so many times. A few other companies have popped up as well. I use CJ, but find the links so ugly and hard to work with. Not a problem with Viglink!This is one great plugin. I even makes links where Viglink does nott have a relationship in hopes that some day they will.

10. Vinod Kumar says:

I never heard of viglink before.But seeing your post am inspired to join this.No harm making some extra cash.
    Vinod Kumar recently posted…All About Plastation Network CodesMy Profile

11. Puneet says:

Hello Praveen, Nice to know that you are sharing just another affiliate marketing site. Is it only for blogs or it can be used on any kind of site?

12. Rashmi Sinha says:

Looks like a great way to make some money. I will definitely try it out! Thanks for sharing this
    Rashmi Sinha recently posted…How to Back Up Your SiteMy Profile
    Twitter:

13. So, VigLink seems easy to use but I’m wondering if they are reliable in payment and do you get to choose what keywords it uses? Thanks for the write-up!
    Jessica Johnson recently posted…Debt Settlement Sample LetterMy Profile

• Jessica – Welcome to DMC and glad to see your comment here.

From my personal experience, I havent faced any issues with the payments from them, just a straight transfer to my paypal after 30days.

There is no option to use or not use certain keywords, if you have used a keyword which viglink identifies as one of it’s affilite keywords, it will add a no-follow link to it.

Hope that helps.
      Praveen Rajarao recently posted…Things To Consider While Hiring A Web Design CompanyMy Profile

14. Hi Praveen,
    This is a great way to make bucks. I never even had a faintest hint about viglink. Thanks for introducing me to a new thing.

15. Mayura says:

Hi Praveen,

That’s awesome :) I just know VigLink and yet I wasn’t on it much though I set up that for some blogs of my friends. Experimenting wasn’t reach for VigLink yet.

However this is the first time I’ve heard of that much of credit just for 2 clicks. Those 2 clicks may have earned some lot of money for affiliates I guess.

Anyway gotta see what’s next with VigLink for you :) Hope you will share as you move on and I ll be watching.

Thanks for sharing Praveen :)

Cheers…
    Mayura recently posted…Find How Many Fake Followers You Have on Twitter with Fake Follower CheckMy Profile

• Mayura – Welcome to DMC and am glad to see your comment here.

Yes, I also started with Viglink as an experiment since it did not take much of an effort from my end. After a few days of follow-up, i actually forgot about it altogether until now.

It just shows how easy the implementation is and there is no need for anyone to follow-back and keep track of the earnings or concentrate on promoting any of the affiliate products.

Rightly said, the affiliate might have made quite a bit from those 2 links for sure :-)

Hope to see you back here, have a good week.
      Praveen Rajarao recently posted…Email privacy – the new recycling bin-sniffing for journalistsMy Profile

16. Whitney says:

Hi Praveen,

Whitney from VigLink here…

Great to hear about your success with VigLink! Have you tried our new LinkWrapper tool yet? You can affiliate links and post them just about anywhere now. Here’s more info. http://blog.viglink.com/2012/09/11/take-viglink-anywhere/

Thanks for using VigLink!

17. Radu says:

Hey Praveen,

67$ is great for two clicks. I have to switch my views on other affiliate systems as well as what i’m using now is not that productive. :)
    Radu recently posted…Energy Saving ProductsMy Profile

18. Ray says:

Impressive nice to see you earning great.
    Really wonderful to see author like you, sharing with us.
    Thanks for your valuable share.
    Ray recently posted…Become successful blogger and great content writerMy Profile

19. Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing this useful bit of advice. I will surely be forwarding this post to my friends who are into IM.

20. I think I’ll have to go and examine out your other publish to see exactly what this is all about. I’m not sure I completely know what this websites does but I do really like composing and allowing it do it’s factor while I create a few money. Hey, I’m up for that.

21. [...] have been writing articles about ‘How To Make Money Online‘ and ‘How to Monetize Your Blog‘ for quite a while now, and I thought it would be [...]