HEALTHY LUNCHES FOR WORK UNDER 500 CALORIES
Lunch is said to be another very important meal after breakfast. For running your day pleasantly, it is crucial to stay energized but to stay energized does not mean to sack your body up with unnecessary calories. Definitely no! So let us review some healthy lunches for work under 500 calories that you can prepare easily and at a minimum cost.
But what if you are someone who works and have no time to prepare a healthy meal, so you end up having a cheeseburger. Well, even if so, there is no excuse good enough for you to eat unhealthily.
To make your life easy and healthy, here I am with some recipes for you to enjoy while at work. Click here for HCG phase 2 food list.
EASY COBB SALAD
It would be prepared in minutes and can be stored in a bowl or a mason jar. I prefer Mason jar because it looks cute that way.
- Four 16-ounce mason jars
- Two cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup turkey(cubed)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes(cut in half)
- One avocado (diced)
- Four boiled eggs (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
In each jar add up the ingredients while keeping cheese at the top. And VOILA, you have yourself a delicious salad
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZA
Oh, so you thought I was going to neglect all your cravings? I am a big fan of healthy eating, but I cannot neglect taste in the process. The next recipe is for
- Six large fresh Portobello mushrooms
- One cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 oz cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
- Crushed black pepper
- Saltto taste
Preheat your oven to 375F and place a cooling wire rack at the top of a baking tray. Meanwhile, mix the tomato paste with water to make a thick paste. Now, spread this thick paste onto the mushrooms and put a slice of provolone cheese at the top of it. Add ricotta cheese and arrange cherry tomatoes, black pepper, parsley, and salt. Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
3. CHICKPEA SHAWARMA
For all the spice lovers, who loves having shawarma but cannot because of calories. Here is this delicious recipe to satisfy your cravings.
- One 425 grams chickpeas
- One Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, and paprika (each)
- One tsp cumin and garlic powder(each)
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander and cinnamon (each)
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Three cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Vegan pita or flatbread
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced tomato
- Romaine lettuce or fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400F and bake the chickpea until brown. Once cool down, add the seasoning to it. While the chickpea is resting, prepare your sauce by adding the four ingredients mentioned above. Whisk until well combined. Add almond milk or water for a runny consistency.
On a warm pita or flatbread, add up the chickpeas, sauce and serving veggies as per your choice.
To enjoy this meal more than once, store the prepped ingredients separately.
EGG SALAD SANDWICH
On one of those days when you need something healthy yummy but quick and all you want to do is just toast few things together and eat. Well, if you have days like these, I have got you covered.
- Six hard-boiled eggs, chilled, peeled and mashed or finely chopped
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup red onion(diced)
- ½ large Hass avocado
- One small jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro(chopped)
- One tablespoon sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, paprika, and ground pepper (each)
Combine and mash all the ingredients and serve it with bread for filling up your belly for a long time.
CHICKEN, AVOCADO AND APPLE SALAD
If you love fruits and meat both and like things jinxed up, here is a recipe for you.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (finely chopped)
- One avocado (finely chopped)
- One apple (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Two tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper (freshly ground)
Combine all the ingredients together gently for a fine bite and presentation.
Author bio: This article about healthy lunches for work under 500 calories is written by Michelle Hannan is a nutritionist, and she’s on a mission to give you all the information you need to lose weight successfully. She also blogs regularly at https://www.hcgdietinfo.net/
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- Differences Between Popular Italian Coffees – An Infographic - February 14, 2018
- HEALTHY LUNCHES FOR WORK UNDER 500 CALORIES - February 7, 2018
- Does Yoga Really Help With Depression? - February 6, 2018