Common Mistakes Made While Choosing Kitchen Cabinets
If you are thinking of renovating your house in full swing or just changing the look of your kitchen, the one thing that must be installed is a beautiful kitchen cabinet. Cabinets not only determine the entire look of the house but also are extremely useful.
If you research a bit, you will be amazed to see the variety of kitchen cabinets available these days. From maple kitchen cabinets to vintage white cabinets, there is one for every kitchen. The RTA (Ready to assemble) kitchen cabinets are gaining huge popularity because of their easy installation process and cost effectiveness. Despite so many articles and blogs being published, people make various kinds of mistakes while choosing a cabinet for their kitchen.
Common mistakes while choosing a kitchen cabinet:
- Durability – The first and foremost mistake one commits is to compromise on the quality of the cabinets. We all know that money matters, but going for a cheap brand for saving some dollars is not a good idea. A good brand will ensure the quality of the wood is good and sturdy enough to withstand normal scratches, dents, and marks.
- Color – If the rest of your house has a wooden finish and has got a very modern look, pick a cabinet which suits the interior. Picking a color which does not match the color scheme of your kitchen walls and interior in general, can spoil the entire appearance of the kitchen. If you are not sure which kind of cabinets will look good in your home, you must go for safe options like the cherry and white kitchen cabinet. There are maple kitchen cabinets available in two varieties. The glazed one is brown and the northern maple is generally available in pale colors like light yellow.
- Installation process – A few years back, most people had this misconception that installing cabinets all by yourself is an impossible task. Avoiding RTA cabinets for the same reason will not be a very clever decision. The manuals and the various “installation made easy” videos are there for your help. The affordable RTA cabinets are thus getting sold fast. But if you need to follow the manual properly, one wrong screw and you need to rebuild it again.
- Measurements – Wrong measurements is the worst possible mistake. If you buy a cabinet which does not fit the allotted cabinet space in your kitchen or if the cabinet size is not sufficient enough to serve its purposes, it will be such a waste. Isn’t it? There are various companies which will allow you to take kitchen measurements for free. So, avail their service if you are not sure and pick the cabinet which fits in your kitchen perfectly.
- Number of chambers – Cabinets are not only purchased for storing food items and crockery, people tend to keep many household things in a cabinet like important keys, hardware items and a lot of other things. So, decide how many chambers you need to hold all your stuffs and buy accordingly Drawers should be easy to open, opting for dovetail ones can be a smart purchase.
- Blocking space– Don’t get a cabinet that will block all the space available. If your kitchen carpet area is less, don’t go for a cabinet that will leave no space for the refrigerator and the chairs. Also, don’t install a cabinet in a way that when you open the drawers, it obstructs the way or clashes with other cabinet doors.
- Too many open shelves – If you don’t have enough time to clean the open shelves from time to time, and you are also not confident about how the overall look will be, it is better you don’t purchase a cabinet with multiple open shelves. One or two is okay but not more than that. Open shelves require a lot of maintenance. You need to arrange and rearrange the stuff regularly and more so when there will be guests visiting your house and you have to cook extra food for them.
So avoid these common mistakes and get the best kitchen cabinet for the heart of your house. And see how kitchen renovation with these beautiful and sturdy cabinets can change the look of your kitchen entirely.
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- 8 Tips For Creating a Trustworthy Social Media Presence - April 20, 2017
- Tech Tips For Smooth Travels - April 13, 2017
- Company Perks You Didn’t Realize You Could Negotiate at an Interview - April 12, 2017