Birds unable to fly and catch Pigs!!! How can you market a game like that? Rovio mobile has done just the same in the Apple Game Store. The concept was originally visualized by a senior game designer, Jaakko Iisalo and they took an year to develop the game with the first version of the 30levels. Though they had a good clear idea of the concept, it was something hard to sell. AngryBirds has become a success due to the fact that the characters showcased in the game showcase emotions. This is very easy to connect to the audience. The birds are angry because the pigs have stolen the eggs and this is something anyone can relate to in many scenarios on different levels.
Some other facts about Angry Birds:
– As of May 2011, Angry Birds has been downloaded more than 200 million times (across all platforms and game versions).
– The free version of Angry Birds has in-game ads and contributes roughly US$1 million of revenue for Rovio.
– Angry Birds is also available on the Sony PSP and PS3, PC, and Mac. Ports for other platforms including the Xbox 360, Wii, and 3DS are also planned. A Windows Phone 7 version will be released at the end of June.
To all those hardcore fans of Angry Birds, here is some cool merchandise available from various online stores for your collection. If you are not a fan, still I am sure you will have a friend for whom you can give this as a present.
Here are top 10 online stores you can find selling all sorts of Angry Birds gifts and collectibles and some of them are so unique that you would never have guessed they existed.
8. Tees for all
10. Wear Your Beer
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress Survey Plugins - July 18, 2017
- Top Rated PS4 Games in 2017 - July 12, 2017
- Top 5 Apps For Coffee Lovers - May 26, 2017