Today, December 13th of 2012 marks 8 years of my married life!!!!!
Days just flew by, never made me realize we have spent such a long time with one another, it seems like yesterday when we first saw each other and how fate was in our favor to make that turn into a togetherness of lifetime!!!!!
I cherish our courtship days when we had so much to share, spent hours speaking and thereby getting to know each other so well. Seemed like nothing else really mattered, you occupied a special place in my heart, and makes me wonder ‘How lucky I Am”.
I can broadly divide these 8 years into two equal halves, the first four years were spent in lots of travels. We were in India when we got married back in 2004 and the first year we spent visiting lots of exotic places in the northern part of the country, among the foot of the himalayan mountains.
In 2006 we took the opportunity to migrate to the United States based on my job and have continued to stay back here since then. The first few years were tough when we missed our Indian family culture and social life, imagine coming over to a new country where you know none, with just 4 suitcases and setting up a brand new home here…it does take a lot of compromises.
In all those tough and challenging times, we have fared well, Sush has been very supportive to me and understanding the needs of my job and family, thus maintaining a perfect balanced work-life relationship. She started following back with her career initiatives once we got a little relaxed in the new environment and since then, she has followed up with it religiously and built over her existing skill-sets.
We also explored several parts of the US during our pre-parenthood days and took every opportunity to go on vacation and visit new places. In the process we made new friends whom we still keep in touch with and here is where I lack and Sush makes up for it. If not for her, I wouldn’t have met half of my good friends today.
In 2008, we welcomed our daughter Neha into our lives and I fell in love for the second time in my life!!!!! To read more about our personal experiences during this most memorable times of our lives, do visit my older blog here -At Wits End. It has just 3 articles which was my first unsuccessful attempt at blogging, but every time I read them, it takes me back to those days and re-live those moments.
If I start writing about my daughter, I can go on endless, but this post is not about her, but about me and my wife and our lives together over the past 8 years. So I better keep on track here…
Here are 8 positive qualities of Sush that I admire and what makes her so special to me every day of my life.
1. Loving – She is full of love and I was enjoying the 100% of it being directed towards me until my daughter came around Now, we both (me and Neha) equally share the immense love and care that my wife has for us which she never ceases to show.
2. Beautiful – Just the word ‘beautiful’, enough said!!! She blew me off my feet the day I saw her and she somehow manages to do the same even now!!!!
3. Supportive - When I started out this blog, it was my wife who gave me continuous support and motivation to go for it and had complete faith in me. I started out by reading some of the well known blogs, and shared it with her, and she simply said, ‘if they can do it, so can you’!!!! That is what kept me going and I did start out with this blog and until today, i can say Sush is the only person who has read most of my articles here. I do have some faithful followers, but she is the one who corrects me whenever I go wrong in any post, thus I know she is always there as the final check-point.
4. Strong – Strong as in determined and focused towards her goal. If she sets out to achieve something, she makes sure she taps every avenue to make it happen. Having a strong minded personality has a very positive influence for the entire family and I hope my daughter picks it up as well from her.
5. Sensitive – She might be strong-willed, but at the same time I can see her shed tears for the needy and poor. She has a sensitive heart which goes out to help people, she doesn’t think twice before handing out a dollar to the homeless person at traffic signals.
6. Perfect – She has a tendency to be ‘perfect’ at everything she does and she also expects the same from everyone around her. So I cannot escape from being half-hearted and lazy and incomplete I think it helps people around her to realize and work towards being better at what we do.
7. Expressive – I lack at this, I do not express my thoughts out in words, somehow I keep them shut down in my mind or I come and rant here on my blog. Sush doesn’t miss a chance to express her feelings about everything and everyone. That does open up topics for us to discuss and exchange our views about the topic.
8. Appreciative – The best to the last of course, I have always admired this quality in her, being appreciative and building up her dear ones among friends. Sush genuinely compliments me and Neha every chance she gets in front of a crowd of friends and family. It makes me love her even more with every passing day.
Finally I want to add that “I am better because she is loving. I am better because she is graceful. I am better because she is giving. I am better because she is wise. I am better because she agreed to marry me 8 years ago and we have lead a wonderful life since then. Thanks for being there honey, Love you loads”