There are many blogs out there which have started well but ultimately ended up in the “no-blogs-land”. So what are the main reasons for such failures in a blog’s life cycle? What is it that went wrong which caused the blog to lose its charm?
Keeping aside reasons like “I dont have time to blog” or “I never made any money out of it” I would like to point out 3 important mistakes that bloggers do that account for this unavoidable situation.
1. No Proper Direction – Selecting a “niche” for a blog is very important and one should take some time to analyze what topic they would like to blog about well before they launch their website. The readers should feel that there is a sense of purpose and direction for the blog and would like to come back for more related content. But instead if they see a post like “10 Tips for SEO” today and one week later they see a post for “Calling all Katy Perry Fans” they tend to lose focus and never come back to your blog. There should be a consistent purpose behind all the posts and it should point in one direction rather than touching upon different domains.
2. No Consistency with Post Frequency – Not only should the blog content be consistent with the topic, but a blogger has to maintain a constant rhythm of posts at regular intervals. If your posts are random and at irregular intervals, it tends to lose it’s regular traffic. Readers expect your blog to be updated with new topics at frequent intervals of time, if you abandon your blog for a month and come back and post 10 posts in one week, you need to work again on your traffic since all your existent readers would have abandoned your blog thinking it is dead.
3. Irrelevant Titles – It is a known fact that a post title is what catches the eye of a reader and makes him want to read more about the article. If the title itself is not having that “kick” then no matter how original your content maybe, it is difficult to retain the reader’s interest in the article. The post title should be catchy and spiced up to attract the visitor to read through the entire post without bouncing off to another website. It has to be accessible and easy to find without additional actions like search. As long as it is easy to see and it is well emphasized by the user interface, an article will have more chances to be digested by the reader.
So these are the most simple factors that a blogger need to always have in mind while publishing new posts to his website. Apart from these there are several other reasons for failure of a blog related to inadequate SEO techniques that is outside the scope of this post. I would like to keep it simple and easy to implement for bloggers to take them to a higher level of success.
Latest posts by Praveen Rajarao (see all)
- How to Lift Weights - October 20, 2017
- How To Arrange A Home Gym On A Budget - October 18, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Get Your Kids Involved On Moving Day - October 12, 2017